Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Gift Card Giving Made Easy!

Hello, friends!

With the Christmas holiday right around the corner I thought I would share one of my favorite projects from last year that may help you make your gift card giving extra easy and definitely EXTRA adorable!


For me giving gift cards always feels a little impersonal, but sometimes you have people that are difficult to buy for or who have everything, and you still want them to know they were thought of and they are loved.  So putting a little effort into the packaging makes them feels a bit more fussed over and special. The wrapping job becomes part of their gift!

Does anyone else have a hard time giving gift cards for Christmas?

Gift cards have never been my favorite gift to give, because they feel so impersonal, but how do you  know what to buy teachers or caregivers for example? On the other hand, my kids love to receive a gift card because they love the thrill of being to go to the store and pick out their own thing and pay with their "own" money.


So, to make myself feel less guilt about needing to buy so many gift cards, I spent time making the presentation of them extra special for each person we were gifting them to by tucking some candies inside the Fun Stampers Journey Treat Bags along with the gift card.


For the outside of each of the bags, I simply die-cut an oversized tag using the Tag Set Steel Rule Die in some fun, festive holiday cardstock colors.

I embellished the tags of these last two bags using the Poinsettia Steel Rule Die which is a classic favorite! If you don't have this steel rule die, it is time to add it to your collection. It is one of those you will reach for year after year, for sure.  It is SO easy to make something look fantastically fussed over with this die and a little bit of Gold Silk splattered across it. Some Rainbow Drops plopped right into the center for a little bling.

Another favorite product that I've been reaching for often in my merry making and gift wrapping is the Holiday Elements Steel Rule Die. The elements in this die are darling and perfect for spreading holiday cheer.  I especially love to layer the reindeer head and then embellish it with a red Rainbow Drop to make it look like one of Santa's favorite helpers.  The Corrugated Stock goes nicely as an accent on this tag giving it some texture too.

I should mention that nearly all the tags for these bags are stamped with the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment pulled from the Robin Holiday Stamp Set.

Here is another bag that has a snowflake element from that same Holiday Elements Steel Rule Die Set, but just because it is Christmas doesn't mean you can't pull from other die sets as well.  Here I've just used simple stars that were sprayed with Gold Shimmer Color Splash and embellished with some red dots from the Magical Candy Drops.


Here is another more bold example of exactly what I was talking about by using non-Christmas themed products to decorate your bags.  Here I've used the Peach Blossom Stamp Set for the flower and the Skeleton Leaf Stamp Set for the gold embossed leaves stamped on Gold Brush Cardstock.

I hope these ideas have given you plenty of inspiration for how to creatively wrap up and give away those gift cards this holiday season!

Be sure to click over to shop.funstampersjourney.com to get all the supplies you need or contact your local Fun Stampers Journey Coach.

Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Great projects Tania, I love these! Makes stampers of all levels feel successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really cool way to dress up smaller gifts! I can picture all sorts of fun surprises in gift bags!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for taking time to connect with me in this space! i will do my best to leave comments answering any questions you may ask. if you are commenting on an older post and you dont see your comment publish right away it is because I have comments set to be approved before publishing on any blog posts older than 10 days old due to a recent influx of comment spammers. i will see your comment, approve it and reply to you....if it isnt spam. xoxo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails